Permanent residence in the Czech Republic
To get permanent residence in the Czech Republic (permanent residence) are possible in one of two ways:
a) A foreigner can go to the Czech Republic for permanent residence without first getting a residence permit if he is:
- spouse of a citizen of the Czech Republic (after 2 years of having a residence permit),
- the parent of an under-age citizen of the Czech Republic,
- single parent, older than 70 years old, a citizen of the Czech Republic,
- full age child of a citizen of the Czech Republic,
- adult child of a citizen of the Czech Republic, over 70 years,
- an under-age child of an foreigner with permanent residence in the Czech Republic,
- the person who stays in the Czech Republic due to the political interests of the state.
b. A foreigner can get permanent residence, if he has had previously for 5 years a residence permit.
It is necessary to pass the simple examination in the Czech language (level A1) and prepare documents for permanent residence (VISACZ will assume the preparation of all necessary documents).
All other widely advertised methods of getting permanent residence in the Czech Republic not only ineffective, but also illegal.
The advantages of permanent residence in the Czech Republic:
- foreigner has the right to be employed on a par (equally) with citizens of the Czech Republic without permission from the employment office,
- foreigner is entitled to pension and other social benefits on a par with a Czech citizen,
- children of an foreigner during his study (up to 26 years) has free medical care,
- after 5 years of permanent foreigner can ask Czech citizenship.
Permanent residence on humanitarian basis
To get permanent residence in the Czech Republic on humanitarian basis it is enough to provide the following documents for getting permanent residence:
- 2 photos 3,5 × 4,5,
- foreign passport,
- document confirming the purpose of residence,
- a document confirming the presence of accommodation.
Our company offers complete legal support in the collection and submission of documents to get permanent residence in the Czech Republic. So, if you finally decide to move to the Czech Republic for your residence and business, firstly, you need to get a residence permit in order to have the opportunity of going to the Czech Republic for permanent residence. Also, many people who go to the Czech Republic from time to time or live there permanently on the basis of a two-year visa, each time they extend visa for another 2 years and come to our company for help in getting permanent residence in the Czech Republic. Basically, you can stay in the country on the basis of a two-year visa, provided timely visa extension. But if you decide to start your business in the Czech Republic, move your family there, have different social benefits, we advise you to get permanent residence in the Czech Republic.
Please adress VISACZ, if moving to the Czech Republic for permanent residence is your goal. We guarantee 100% result.
Information for foreigners with permanent residence in the Czech Republic
To buy your property, there are the same laws as for the citizens of the Czech Republic. In the Czech Republic there are several varieties of property:
- own homes,
- co-operative housing,
- Certain forms of housing (dormitories, hostels).
To buy housing, or you can use a mortgage loan or building savings.
Duties of a foreigner in the police and the Ministry of Interior
- You must report about the change of residence to the Ministry to 30 working days from the date of the change, if the next residence period is more than 180 days,
- You must report to the Ministry of changes connected with: name, marital status, the data specified in the document or certificate confirming a residence permit, passport loss,
- You must report to the police about foreigners, who lose a passport,
- You must apply to the police for foreigners for permanent residence (visa for over 90 days) 60 days from the date of birth of the child.
Certificate of permanent residence
- can be in the form of stickers in the passport or identity in the form with your biometric data,
- Validity - 10 years (children up to 15 years - 5 years),
- Certificate should be extended for 90 days prior to its expiration.
Work and Business
- You can do your business with the same rights as a citizen of the Czech Republic and start business as an individual and intermediary commercial companies,
- the right to do business activities is registrated in the Office of Trade,
- After registration, you also must registrate in financial offices, in the management of social security, and have health insurance.
For workers (employees):
- you have the same rights and responsibilities as a citizen of the Czech Republic in the labor market. In the Czech Republic, you can work without a work permit,
- you have rights to salaries that the employer will pay you for your work. Czech authorities has established a higher minimum wage and the employer can not reduce it,
- your rights and responsibilities should be indicated in the notarized employment contract.
If you do not do business activities, you are not unemployed, do not study full-time, you have the right personally to ask for intermediary employment at the relevant Employment Exchange.
Social security and pensions
In the case of old age, disability, or if you are widowed, orphaned, you are entitled to receive the corresponding pension. In regard to social security and pensions, you have the right to receive information in any regional management of social security. The amount of money that you pay social security, usually includes:
- insurance for pension insurance,
- allowance for public service employment,
- medical insurance.
You must pay for insurance to social security whenever you are employed. If you are unemployed, you will automatically be removed from this duty. Pensions are:
- widows \ widowers,
Czech Social Security Administration in Prague appoints the amount and payment based on the application.
Social norms and social services
- You have the right to require social security benefits,
- You have the right to use the social services.
- You must follow the instructions and the requirements of social workers,
- If you are in a situation which social security controls, you must first ask the social benefit.
- choose health insurance,
- select the treating doctor and medical facility.
- pay the insurance fee,
- have a valid health insurance,
- pay a fee for visits to the doctor if there was a clinical examination; fee for getting medicines,
- pay medical examination before signing the employment contract,
medicines that you are prescribed, may be paid by the insurance company in whole or partly, but it also could be that you have to pay the whole amount of money yourself.
Address:Prague-1, New Town,
Vodichkova str., 791/41,
110 00, office 312-313
Phones:+420 777 96 2222
+420 777 96 4444
+420 777 96 5555
+420 224 15 2760
+420 224 15 2050 (fax)
Actual currency rates